Here’s a snapshot:
- demolish old kitchen and laundry in the back of the house
- demolish old porch/lean-to
- demolish yucky laserlight carport (blocking all north sun and tingeing everything an unpleasant shade of moss)
- install new (second hand, scored off ebay) kitchen in old dining room
- reroof back of house (leaky flat, low roof)
- install new (to us, but actually old, salvaged leadlight) windows throughout the house
- move front door
- reimagine the overly large front room and adjacent weird little room as a bedroom, study, walk in pantry and entry hall
- rebuild back 2 rooms of house (sloping floors, general crapness)
- install french doors in rebuilt, open plan living-dining at the back of the house
- reclad entire house with proper weatherboards (remove gross cement sheet)
- paint said weatherboards
- paint everything else too.
Speaking of paint.
There seems to be a paintbrush permanently attached to my hand.
I probably spend as much time painting as sleeping. I probably will end up with my fingers curled permanently in a paintbrush grip.
How Attractive. Something to look forward to.
Having never paid someone to paint, I had no clue how much money I’ve been saving over the years…. Turns out, it’s thousands!!!!
A friend told me recently she got a great deal on getting her house painted for around 5k.
So far I’ve spent $0 …. but I have had to paint over a thousand lineal metres of weatherboards to reclad the front of the house.
And I reckon there’s another 4000 to go. Not to mention the windows and trim outside…. And then all the walls, ceilings and trim inside. Oh. And the outside fences and gates. Oh! And the new (old, salvaged) front door.
I’ll just add those to the enormous to do list we have.